Magic Wagon - Khamun Ring Mystery

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Simon Corneille

Re: Magic Wagon - Khamun Ring Mystery

Post by Simon Corneille » Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm

There are obvious similarities between MW-198 Khamun Ring Mystery and MW-133 Emperor Ring Cabinet released in 2014, even if modus operandi are not exactly the same...

I just received my Khamun set today, and I like it a lot! :D But personally I still prefer the Emperor version, mainly because you can finish clean and hand out everything for examination. But Khamun is self-contained, which also is an advantage...

Who has both? Which one do you prefer: the resin or the teak version?

Here is a quick video I made of The Emperor Ring Cabinet a couple of years ago (sorry for the poor quality of the image, I definitely need a better video cam! :oops: )

https://youtu.be/WwkTSsrdZDU
;)

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat May 30, 2020 12:36 am

simcoscor wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm
There are obvious similarities between MW-198 Khamun Ring Mystery and MW-133 Emperor Ring Cabinet released in 2014, even if modus operandi are not exactly the same...

I just received my Khamun set today, and I like it a lot! :D But personally I still prefer the Emperor version, mainly because you can finish clean and hand out everything for examination. But Khamun is self-contained, which also is an advantage...

Here is a quick video I made of The Emperor Ring Cabinet a couple of years ago (sorry for the poor quality of the image, I definitely need a better video cam! :oops: )

Just watched again after 2 years....I had forgoten this video!!....the way you hide the secret is very clever!!

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat May 30, 2020 8:29 am

I don't own either, but have a good idea as to what is happening. The fact that you can show the back side of your Emperors Ring Cabinet's front panel is a no brainer for me. It is a far superior version, I assume that Khamun's Ring Mystery can't do that? At least all the videos I've seen don't show it, and laying it down on the table isn't proof enough for the spectator as the large front decoration could hide a recess. I personally feel that the front panel has too much heat on it not to show the backside.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat May 30, 2020 8:33 am

simcoscor wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Yes, I have both versions...

I find the Emperor Ring Cabinet more impressive.
Probably also because I made some Lego versions where you drop the ring from above. :)

But, as a lover of ring through rod effects, I also like Khamun Ring Mystery because of its ‘looks’ and the use of 2 principles. Luckily it’s NO Kenards Mystery Box :)

Ralf R

Post by Ralf R » Sat May 30, 2020 8:36 am

Rob Rand wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 am
And there is even a third video, just posted a moment ago!

It’s from Bloodmoney80, a nice guy called Jay, we have regular email contact :)

https://youtu.be/058fvMt7AaE

By the way, it is his first Magic Wagon effect!

Would be nice if everyone who owns this item would take the time to post a video :)

Hmmm maybe not ... with the exception of simcoscor of course!
Thanks to all these convincing video presentations I couldn't resist any longer to order also a copy of the mysterious Khamun ring (thereby significantly overspending my magic budget for this month :wink:). Now I am thinking about a suitable story for the presentation of the trick. At the moment, I am leaning towards a time travel story (like Madison did in his splendid performance of 3DMW's "Serensnipity". In brief, like so: open front panel - ring is on the rod - rod is pulled out - ring falls down - shake, shake - front panel is inserted - rod is put in - shake, shake - time travel, time travel - ring is back on rod again! The time travel element would also be a plausible explanation for the rubber bands (which didn't yet exist in ancient Egypt as I suppose :wink:).

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 am

Roberto B. wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:36 am
Just watched again after 2 years....I had forgoten this video!!....the way you hide the secret is very clever!!
Yes, very clever indeed. I rewatched it again now, and suddenly I realized how he did it, even though I don't own the prop. I once started working on my own version, but due to the need for ditching the gimmick (if the front door is to be shown clean afterwards) I stopped.

The working principle of the Emperor Ring Cabinet is more impressive in my opinion, but the Khamun Ring Mystery looks better.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 am

Ralf R wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:36 am
Rob Rand wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 am
And there is even a third video, just posted a moment ago!

It’s from Bloodmoney80, a nice guy called Jay, we have regular email contact :)

https://youtu.be/058fvMt7AaE

By the way, it is his first Magic Wagon effect!

Would be nice if everyone who owns this item would take the time to post a video :)

Hmmm maybe not ... with the exception of simcoscor of course!
Thanks to all these convincing video presentations I couldn't resist any longer to order also a copy of the mysterious Khamun ring (thereby significantly overspending my magic budget for this month :wink:). Now I am thinking about a suitable story for the presentation of the trick. At the moment, I am leaning towards a time travel story (like Madison did in his splendid performance of 3DMW's "Serensnipity". In brief, like so: open front panel - ring is on the rod - rod is pulled out - ring falls down - shake, shake - front panel is inserted - rod is put in - shake, shake - time travel, time travel - ring is back on rod again! The time travel element would also be a plausible explanation for the rubber bands (which didn't yet exist in ancient Egypt as I suppose :wink:).
You won’t regret your decision Ralf ... Bloodmoney s idea of letting the ring hang on the rod from the very beginning, and ending it again hanging on the rod is, I realize now, a great performance idea for he time travel story!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat May 30, 2020 9:36 am

PeterW wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:29 am
At least all the videos I've seen don't show it, and laying it down on the table isn't proof enough for the spectator as the large front decoration could hide a recess. I personally feel that the front panel has too much heat on it not to show the backside.

I agree, it is a weak point of this trick but it is much better to lay the door down, then to hold it
What I find impressive about the Khamun trick is this huge hexagonal ring > No small gold ring
Last edited by Olaf S on Sun May 31, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat May 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Rob Rand wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 am
Bloodmoney s idea of letting the ring hang on the rod from the very beginning,
and ending it again hanging on the rod is, I realize now, a great performance idea

I wanted to do it the same way, but without the time travel story
I didn't like it from the start, that the ring and staff were on the table
Last edited by Olaf S on Sun May 31, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Thanks for posting my video link here Rob. I don't come around here so much anymore. My first wagon product and I'm hooked already. I'm already looking forward to the next one 😁

It is nice to see everybody's performances of this. I agree with Rob, I would like to see more of them.

Olaf, I believe it is possible to show the back of the door if you were to perform the version where the door can be laid down. There isn't a lot to hide, just some black felt material back there which looks out of place but I doubt non magicians would think much of it if handled properly. I could be wrong though, it's always hard to tell what will fly. Lots of things look awkward to us magic people.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:28 am

JayGhost80 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 pm
Olaf, I believe it is possible to show the back of the door if you were to perform the version where the door can be laid down. There isn't a lot to hide, just some black felt material back there which looks out of place but I doubt non magicians would think much of it if handled properly.

Hi JayGhost, great that you are showing up here again and thank you for the door hints
I posted your second video, which I like very much, in the hidden group - very well done
Soon I will also get my Khamun Ring and I am already very excited how it works in reality

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Khamun now in Full HD and in honor to goddess Nut

I have listen to some good advices and put them into practice

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:12 am

Olaf, that is a huge improvement over your first video. Video quality is loads better, and one can appreciate all the intricate details on the props. The book/stand also makes more sense now.

Ralf R

Post by Ralf R » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:53 am

I totally agree with ØyvindK: you present this beautiful prop in a calm and smooth routine showing every lovely detail in crisp HD. Very good, very informative and absolutely appropriate to dignify the goddess Nut. :thumbsup:

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:28 am

Olaf

The video quality is absolutely great.
Really does show off all the detail of the prop.
Handling is slow and smooth which makes it a pleasure to watch.
Not sure about a goddess with nuts but the book make sense to be there now. :D

Nice Job Olaf!
Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Olaf, you have surpassed yourself!

Great performance, very relaxed, at the same time showing the beautiful magic item from all sides.

And ... very clever ... the secret move :)

The book has many advantages :)

My compliments!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:13 am

@ Øyvind, Ralf, Richard and Rob - Thank you very much for your kind words and comments ⭐️

They mean a lot to me and are very encouraging and supporting. Needed a full night to get it right

I had the most difficulties with the settings of the correct exposure and a authentic color rendering

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Great performance olaf. I'm glad you are enjoying your khamun ring mystery. I've been looking to upgrade my camera. What camera are you using for this? The picture is really great. Much better than my cell phone that I use 😀

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:29 am

I loved your presentation Olaf….the set up looks great...and your scenario idea is fantastic!!!....very clever as you really eliminated the angle issues!

Simon Corneille

Post by Simon Corneille » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Khamun Ring Mystery arrived in 2nd place in our annual poll on FB for the "Magic Wagon Trick of the Year" in 2020, only one vote behind Atomic Glass Penetration. It is assuredly destined to become a classic! Glad I bought two sets... ;)

Here is my take on this beautiful piece of magic.

;)