Magic Wagon new

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Peter G
Charter Member

Magic Wagon new

Post by Peter G » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 am

It seems our David was involved in the new Magic Wagon release!

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=133

Congrats!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Magic Wagon new

Post by SimonC » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:18 am

I'm scratching my head about how this works, it looks brilliant! congratulations david!
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:37 am

Yes! Received the mail from Magic Wagon about the Emperor Ring Cabinet, and decided to order it immediately after seeing that David de Graef provided MW with the idea!

David, congrats, and I am so glad it wasn't another dice trick :)

I had already given up MW actually, but for this item I make an exception! With David behind it you can't go wrong!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:44 am

I ordered this one. Agreed that it is nice to see something other than a dice effect. It looks beautiful!

Rick

Post by Rick » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:54 am

I also ordered this!

Congratulations David!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:38 am

Congratulations David....wow you made it. The props looks so innocent and beautifully made by MW. It's really a great collector's item.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Congratulations David!

Should you change your name now to David De Magic Wagon?

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 am

David.......this is my first Magic Wagon item in about 8 months..........you make me broke my Magic Wagon abstinence treatment!!!......;)

It looks great.....I love cabinets!!!.......please tell us the story behind this........

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:17 am

Guys, thank you very much for all the congratulations but in all honesty Magic Wagon is giving me too much credit for this new item! And we also have to thank Rob Rand!

A year ago (almost to date) Rob bought Magiro's version of Witches Tunnel - I was a few hours too late to buy it myself and Rob felt sorry for me ... so, the nice guy he is, he sent me the instructions for this wonderfull trick :) (should I say this on a public forum? :o :lol: )
A few days/weeks later I began thinking perhaps the guys at Magic Wagon would be able to produce a similar trick which uses a similar method. I e-mailed them and explained what I had in mind. They were very gratefull (as they always are) and told me they were going to take this idea into consideration.

Not that long ago I got an e-mail from Magic Wagon asking me if they could mention my name in the manual of a new trick, which was based on Witches Tunnel but uses a different method. I told them that would be OK but replied I actually did not do anything special, apart from supplying them with the idea and perhaps a few suggestions! So I was quite surprised!

So, no, I did not INVENT this trick, I merely gave the idea :) And that seems to be enough for the folks at Magic Wagon! Up untill recently I did not have an idea of the (specific) workings of the item.

Now about the item ... . The pricinple used to accomplish the effect is nothing earth-shattering, so chances are that those who ordered it will get the famous magic-collector-'THAT'S IT?'-feeling and perhaps will feel a litle dissapointed. Yes, it is Tenyoesque in the way it is practicaclly self-working, more or less mechanical in nature and more or less examinable. Yes, a lot of 'more-or-lesses' :P . It is actually a very basic, simple trick. But ofte the most basic ideas have the best results ;)
I think with some tweaked handling that suits your personality and style, a good story and perhaps using the ring for another follow-up routine you will have a nice litle trick in your collection :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:25 am

still a massive achievement david, well done :)
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:47 am

Congratulations David! It is a great achievement to be part of a Magic Wagon project.

Per-Aage
Charter Member

Post by Per-Aage » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:02 am

Congratulations David!
- Its nice to be important, but its more important to be Nice !

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:44 am

After performing for my wife yesterday she was baffled ... and this only happens a few times a year, trust me. With a bit of misdirection (which is easy because all the attention is on the ring and rod and the materials MW used) all can be examined at the end of the routine, but not all parts can be handed out to the same person as is also the case with a lot of other magic tricks.
Don't be fooled by the modus operandi when you open your package, it does the job flawlesly. Try it out for yourself after reading the instructions and you'll get a smile on your face :). The fact you hear one 'cling' sound when you throw the ring in (ring falls on rod) is perfect. As stated above the whole apparatus looks very innocent, and that is what convinced my wife that there couldn't be any gimmicks involved. She stared at the ring, rod, box and panel and nothing to be found.
I'm not in a position to give a review because I was involved in the development process, but don't be fooled once you get it in your hands. It works and baffles people, trust me :)
Needless to say the cabinet, ring, rod and so on are absolutely top quality and look very nice, but you already knew that of course with the Magic Wagon folks :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 am

OK that's a clear story David! Still I'm glad I ordered it! Sometimes a ball can roll unexpected :)

Robert T
Charter Member

Post by Robert T » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi David

This is a terrific effect. It got the thumbs up my my 12 year old daughter(and she is a tough critic). The clinking sound and immediate reveal with the ring still moving really seals the deal.

Great idea!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I received this trick a week ago. I was surprised about the actually 'brutal' gimmick. But the effect is soooo great!!! After the adaptation the dropping of the ring and then the cling sound on the wand is so convincing! Because it actually really (well, sort of :) ) happens! No hesitations, no fumbling.

This is a very astonishing effect. Of course it is necessary to remove the gimmick afterwards in a natural manner, but because I have large hands this is not a problem :)

The whole thing is also lovely small, unlike for instance Wand-ring penetration by Louie Gaynor.

A real new (well, what is new nowadays?) idea! It just works!

And what a nice thought that it all started with me providing the instructions of Witches Tunnel to David, which David provided to Magic Wagon, who distilled an extreme clever gimmick out of it!