T-193 Magic Painting

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-193 Magic Painting

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
25%
08 Excellent
31%
07 Very Good
6%
06 Pretty Good
19%
05 Good
19%
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 16

JohnM
Site Admin

T-193 Magic Painting

Post by JohnM » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Name: Magic Painting

T-Number: T-193

Inventor: Toru Suzuki

Year: 1999

PICTURES of T-193 Magic Painting

VIDEO of T-193 Magic Painting

T-193 Magic Painting on PLANET TENYO

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: T-193 Magic Painting

Post by SimonC » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:26 pm

I'll keep this one simple. I love this trick. SUCH a clever idea, I watched the video over and over before I worked it out, made several versions of my own which just didn't work so I went to hitomi. if you perform it right and work out a goodwayto do the last bit of dirty work its killer :) I took one off as the last move is tricky and I can ever relax at that point
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Guys and Shan,

Please note that a lot of the videos I use here and will be using on the sister site were created by SEO Magic.

They are the best Tenyo videos overall and the online store is really great too.

The store is run by Dai and Tomoko Seo and their adorable daughter is often in the videos too.

Please consider sending some business their way as a thank you for being so dedicated to Tenyo.

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/index.php

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:33 pm

good shout :) we've all enjoyed their videos when scouring YouTube for tenyo performances :)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Agreed. I love their demonstration videos and I acquired a lot of Tenyo from then in April.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:11 am

Yes definitely a very reliable source for Tenyo.

As far as Magic Painting is concerned, I think it is a really great packet trick. I like the fact that it takes a little more skill to do than most other Tenyos. I guess I feel more accomplished when I pull it off correctly. :)
I also like the fact that at the end the cards are left on the table for the spectator to examine.
The way I deal with the last card is I tell the spectator to squeeze the red paint onto the painting but only a little bit. As soon as he presses down on the card I scream that that was way to much.I show the messy red card and act all upset. This keeps the focus on the red paint card while the large movement masks the fact that my other hand went to the edge of the table and disposed of the gimmick. I tell him i hope he didn't ruin the painting and breath a sihh of relief when I turn the painting over and it turned out just fine.

JamesMA

Post by JamesMA » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 pm

I agree with much of what has been said here already.
SUPER packet trick, but that nasty bit at the end..I work it in different ways depending on the situation, but
I usually like my Tenyo to remain mechanical. I still practice it once in a while to keep sharp but I don't carry it around.
As an aside, I do love Tenyo's 'little touches' ,in this case, the rather handsome little wallet to carry the cards in.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am

The method of using a window card and glide was created by Brother John Hamman in the 1960s and sold as a packet trick. Can't recall the name.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am

I love it, but never performed it, as with a lot of tricks :) I should really give this one the attention it deserves.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:13 pm

I just received one from Mr. Mazza last week.

It's a neat one, very clever how the gimmick is designed. It reminds me a bit of Magic Works 'Mystery of a Dark Stranger'.
It's a bit like Burglar Ball in the sense that it requires a bit of practice to perform. Especially with 'that thing'. But overall, it's neat and fun to work with. It's a bit like Psychic Money where there's a lot you can do a lot with it and you need to put a bit of elbow grease in constructing a routine with it.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Brett, Magic Works 'Mystery of a Dark Stranger' has a similar method/gimmick cards? You're sure about that? I wasn't aware of that ... . If so, I need that trick :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:15 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Brett, Magic Works 'Mystery of a Dark Stranger' has a similar method/gimmick cards? You're sure about that? I wasn't aware of that ... . If so, I need that trick :)
I know I PMed you about this, David. But for everyone else, 'Dark Stranger is...sort of similar, there a little variance, especially with the gimmick (if I can remember it correctly).

My biggest gripe about 'Stranger was that you're heavily restricted to the creepy 'theme'. It would be good in a Halloween show or set. But I think it lacks the versatility that Magic Painting has when it comes to making a routine
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Cheerz Brett, thanks again!

Should anyone have a set, new or used, of Mystery OTD Stranger for sale or trade let me know, I'd love to have one :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:42 pm

I was little bit too late to get Magic Painting but I`m really glad I have it now and I rate it high (9). For me this is one of the greatest packet trick ever invented. The basic concept is great and the construction on the routine and gimmick are perfect. Everything can be handed out for examination (of course after we do the "clean up")

I`m thinking of making my own jumbo version of this for bigger crowd (children magic show) and I think they will love it. The gimmick allow us to do the glide easily but the handling for the end phase should be done differently.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:15 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Cheerz Brett, thanks again!

Should anyone have a set, new or used, of Mystery OTD Stranger for sale or trade let me know, I'd love to have one :)
======================================================

The ultra uber-rare Mystery of the Dark Stranger by Milton Bradley was part of the Magic Works series made under licence from Tenyo. This trick was never for sale. You had to collect the series 1 collection and then send off the tokens. Fantastic packet trick.
and now, on with the show ...

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 pm

I know I am jumping in on this one quite late but better late than never I suppose. Anyway, I love this packet trick! It’s colorful, extremely clever, and has a nice story to it.

Tenyo recently discontinued this for a second time actually. The first time was when it was first released as a T number and now for a second time as a re-released item in the same packaging category as Sakkaku Scale, Magical Burger, etc.. In essence, one of those in the small clear resealable bag tricks.

By the way, did you know that the brown color of the easel tells you what run yours came from? That is, the earlier printing had a lighter shade of brown for the easel color than the later printing. There’s a bit of trivia for ya! :D
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Christian Supa

Post by Christian Supa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi, ich habe Magic Paint jetzt auch ein paar Tagen finde das Kunststück sehr gut. Leider ist das Ende nicht so sauber zu lösen wenn man keinen Tisch hat. Im Close up ohne Tisch ist es schon ein wenig fummelig, die Fensterkarte zu beseitigen.

Die Idee das ganze in XL für die Bühne zu erstellen finde ich toll, nur da muss eine andere Lösung für die Fensterkarte her.
Lieben Gruß

Christian

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 pm

That’s easy for you to say! :D
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!