Magic Wagon Ultimate Penetration Frame

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
BobD
Charter Member

Magic Wagon Ultimate Penetration Frame

Post by BobD » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 am

The latest from Magic Wagon. This will probably be sold out in a few hours. Get one now if you are interested. I like Magic Wagon props because of the quality of their products but I am not buying this one as the frame is too thick. http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetai ... d=127&pa=9

Peter G
Charter Member

Re: Magic Wagon Ultimate Penetration Frame

Post by Peter G » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 am

You can see from miles away how it works...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:33 am

In the third photo.....fingers are used as a curtain?

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:44 am

I will likely pass on this as well. The frame is really big- either the plexiglass sl**** out the frame and is hidden by the hand, or it r****** 90 degrees. Either way, the frame is too big. Also no mention of a locking mechanism either.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 am

It states that it is mechanical marvel. This might be a wooden version of Tenyo Wonder Window.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 am

John B. wrote:I will likely pass on this as well. The frame is really big- either the plexiglass sl**** out the frame and is hidden by the hand, or it r****** 90 degrees. Either way, the frame is too big. Also no mention of a locking mechanism either.
I was wondering about the 90 degrees option (and I think it would be very cool)......but then I saw the third photo and now I think that this trick Works with the Soft Coins method.......not very innovative.

The mechanical part that they mention probably is related with magnets........stronger magnets move the thing and weaker magnet keeps the thing in place when not performing.

I'm just wondering here.....could be wrong.

Will not get this one.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am

I think the method is similar to the Tenyo Wonder Window but uses two separate plexiglass instead of a single plexiglass. The second one is pulled out into place as the cover is inserted.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:42 am

Sorry I made a mistake, Wonder Window uses two separate plexiglass as well.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

That's quite a lot for a wooden trick, I hear Jenzo Harmonics does much more reasonably priced effects made of wood ;)
Now you see me...

bobt1
Charter Member

Post by bobt1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I think a combination of soft coins (glass slides out) and hidden by hand. Middle portion is now empty. The Wonder Window principal is then used (small portion of glass sides out from side). The panel holding the 3 rods hides the meeting point of the small glass panel. Probably some magnets might be used to secure gimmicks while handling? However, one can't be sure of the working unless one has the item. Too bad that the glass portion is so small compared to the wood frame.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:19 pm

I can't see any glass. Maybe that's the trick, you just lie and say there's a pane of glass in there, stick the spikes through and.. ta-daa!
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm

I was not impressed at all and did not buy it ... . As said before the sides of the panel are way too big for the illusion to be convincing, it is indeed pretty clear how it works (WW / Soft Coins or perhaps a variation on their Impossible Glass penetration but I doubt that). The whole thing looks so 'bulky' :|

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Even though no one here was impressed, it still sold out. ???

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes, sold out, but it took a little longer than otherwise, about 5 or 6 hours.

And yes, I ordered one, primarily because I do not own much glass penetration tricks (except Tenyo's Mystery Triangle) and because I am a 'starter' collecting MW items.
This one looks classy anyway!

And because of the hundreds of hours that went into developing this trick... I know by experience how much time it costs to develop a magic trick... I made some Lego-tricks, I mean magic tricks made with Lego, and it's a long and winding road ... Trial and error, especially error! ;-)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:38 pm

I think that is good that you got it. Maybe you can give us a mini review when you get it.

I might have bought this one, but by the time I saw it it was sold out. I know there are other means to get them but it is not that important to me.

How much are tricks by Francois Danis? I was looking at his videos and was very impressed with the workmenship and how they all fit together with the presentation box. The boxes are very cleaver in how they open. As David said on the Cafe, the methods are pretty ordinary but that is OK.

One of the things I was disappointed in with the last Magic Wagon was that it came wrapped in bubble wrap with not box.

FD take packaging to a whole new level. I like that.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Watching the Danis Francois website, I discovered that The Enchanted Card Frame
http://danis-magic.com/cariboost1/crbst_3.html
is exactly the same as Royal Magic's Leather Reflex Card Case
http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Reflex-Ca ... B000T8REKW
Of course this is not an original DF item.
I own the Leather Reflex Card Case, beautifully made by the way, OK, the DF Frame is more beautiful, but will be very pricey I am afraid.
I like my Leather Reflex Card Case.
Pleasy don't yell at me now! :-)

And yes John, I will give a review of the MW Ultimate Penetration Frame.

bobt1
Charter Member

Post by bobt1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm

John, I have purchased 3 of the Danis items. He is a super nice person and his effects are very nicely decorated. I don’t recall the prices and I think you have to contact him to obtain prices and shipping from France. I don’t think his effects are revolutionary, but based on older effects with some new décor. His Dice Tube uses very small dice and I had trouble executing a simple slight due to the small die size. I think his items have improved and his Sherlock Holmes items are unique. I have noticed that he is packaging more items into containers (Alan Warner, Kent Bergman have also done the same). I know that the boxes (which look nice) are a nice way to keep props together, but I like to display apparatus instead of a box. Also, some effects may have only 1 piece (or boxed with items that don’t effect the working) so why a box is needed is not clear. I think a box also increases the selling price of the item. I have an original Warner Siamese Ribbon (painted version no longer made) which I think sells for about $600. He just came out with a teak version which comes with a box which I think is about $1500. Anyway, Danis items have great décor, nicely made, but most are based on old effects. Thus, you need to consider your needs when purchasing. Hope this helps?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:50 am

any magic wagon enthusiasts here, I have a mint Bermuda Triangle I'm selling for £75 or I'll trade for some Tenyo.
I also have some Jenzo Harmonics items if you like wooden effects. they all come with hand drawn instructions and are packaged very nicely indeed. people say I look a lot like him and my name is a perfect anagram of his but I dont see it myself...
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:44 am

So your middle name is John.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:40 am

No it's Nohj ;)
Yes, I think john must be a magical name, there's three of us in the brainstormers.
Three johns, sounds like a toilet shop ;)
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 am

Rob Rand wrote:And yes, I ordered one, primarily because I do not own much glass penetration tricks (except Tenyo's Mystery Triangle) and because I am a 'starter' collecting MW items.
This one looks classy anyway!
Would be great to see your video performance of it.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Roberto, I was already thinking about making a video of Ultimate Penetration Frame! When I am satisfied with it, I'll share it on this forum!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:14 am

The reviews are coming in at TMC.

- It can not be examined at all.
- There might be some angle issues and problems with the distance your spectators are.
- The handling is a bit akward it seems.
- Very nice quality, as always.
- Works similar to Wonder Window, but no locking mechanism.
- I still think it looks very 'bulky' on photo, but once you have it in your hands is might be OK.

Wonder Window CAN be examined thoroughly and has no angle issues, but it does not look so nice. On the other hand Wonder Window seems to be hit or miss in some cases, by which I mean there are a few that don't work fluently - I'm sure MW's trick works A-OK.
Because of my limited budget and doubts I had about it I did not purchase this effect, but I'm sure it is a nice piece to have in your collection anyway.

Tell us more once you receive it Rob :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm gonna like this trick.... cause I paid another fortune for this ..... I'm gonna like this trick .... cause I paid another fortune for this.... :?

Oh well... will make a video when I receive it... A very dark video would be the best probably :lol:

Tricks, when received, can turn out to be a deception, that's the risk you take ...

But I AM gonna like this trick, cause I paid a fortune for it! :P

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 am

Any news yet Rob? The reviews in TMC's secret sessions area are, well, a bit disconcerting ... . They should be releasing a new effect in november. They release an effect almost each month this year it seems, I hope they don't fall into the trap of creating a lot, but only a few goodies among them ... . It has been said before, they can release anything they want, it is sold out in a day anyway.