Chinese linking rings rare eng packaging.

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
gazpratley
Charter Member

Chinese linking rings rare eng packaging.

Post by gazpratley » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 am

Over on ebay.com there is the classic chinese linking rings tenyo trick, but it is in english packaging,i have only ever seen this in japanese packaging ? sorry i cant put the link up it will not let me for some reason :? has anybody else seen this or has this trick in eng box??

Steve S.

Re: Chinese linking rings rare eng packaging.

Post by Steve S. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 am

That’s T-70 in the very old and rarely seen English package. Someone else listed one just like it in the very old Japanese packaging which is the same except for the language.

I suspect that only a Tenyo completist with an almost complete collection of T numbers will want it for the high price it will end up selling for. It’s already over $200.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:04 pm

strange how we never see it more often in the english box .

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 am

I think it went for somewhere around $523.00
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 am

BluBob wrote:I think it went for somewhere around $523.00
Just because of the packaging !
You can get around 35 - 40 sets of Tenyo new Japanese packaging today. :D

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 am

If it really did sell, it was someone with a huge Tenyo collection who needed the piece for the packaging. I can think of two or three people in that category.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 pm

So weird that I was looking through my collection last week and pulled out my Japanese packaged version of Chinese Linking Rings. I then opened Tenyoism to see if Richard had the English version in the book. He had the Japanese version but also a small picture of the English version from a catalog with the caption saying that no example could be located. At that time I did not even notice the picture of the English package and the caption. I left the book open at that page in my living room where I keep the gigantic tomes.

A few days later the auction pops up and I see it. I don't regularly look on ebay anymore, I was probably looking for a price on something I have to sell. I didn't even realize at first that it was the English version. It was at $25. I looked at Tenyoism again and I then notice the English picture and caption.

I was thinking maybe I could win this with a bid just over $100. The next morning it was at about $140. I was possibly going to go higher, maybe $200 but that though was null and void as the price quickly went to about $250. I was out at that point. It finished at $543.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tenyo- ... 2267968241
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 1.50.10 PM.png
Steve was right that two or three people would want this. Obviously two people did to the tune of $500+ Dollars. The next one, if/when there is one, will possibly go for a lot less.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.