Weekly Performance Selections

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Brett H

Weekly Performance Selections

Post by Brett H » Tue May 01, 2018 1:43 am

I hope this isn't too odd of a request.

For the last couple weeks, I have been performing Tenyo for my psychologist. Part of it is to try to instill good habits again, the other is actual therapy. This will be an ongoing thing for a while.

So far, I've performed 5 tricks: Magic Works Ghost Card, Soft Coins, Magical Sneakers, Magical Doghouse, Shrinking Pen. Of those, Ghost Deck and Magical Doghouse were the most fun. The other 3 fell flat--but she wants to do Magical Sneakers again this week because my patter for the routine was just awful and she didn't understand what was going on. I screwed up. Chances are, once I get through a good chunk of my inventory, I'll put the original 5 back in rotation.

Just so I don't blow through the whole inventory in a few months, I'm probably going to do 2 tricks per week.

I'm not sure what Tenyo I should focus and practice with next. I'll list what I haven't performed yet:

- Magical Butterfly
- Security Lock
- Ghost Card
- Magic Memo Pad
- Magic Pop-Up
- Psychic Money
- Trap Box
- Cloud Money
- Illusion Truck
- Crash Dice
- Magician's Matchbox
- Ultimate Shocking Pen
- Money Splash
- Undercover Cube
- Grand Derby Prediction
- Phantoma
- Zone Infinity
- Burglar Ball
- Clean Cut
- Ultraslice
- Supercubio/Big Mag Cubio
- Flash Dice
- Dynamic Coins (I need to find some Yen)
- Card Case
- Trio Cigarette (I'll have to use crayons or something)
- Magical Burger
- Disney Frozen Pendant
- Mickey Miracle Ring
- Magic Works: The Invisible Hook

What would your top 2 be for this week?
Where's my colon?!

Steve S.

Re: Weekly Performance Selections

Post by Steve S. » Tue May 01, 2018 7:48 am

Perhaps your next two should be the ones you are most comfortable with so you can perform them well.

I would save INVISIBLE HOOK and PHANTOMA for Halloween time because of their spooky nature.

ZONE INFINITY, CRASH DICE and CLEAN CUT are probably the easiest to perform so maybe two of those could be a good idea.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Tue May 01, 2018 8:51 am

Brett, I was just thinking (oh no, not that again!), perhaps you may want to select the two tricks based on what you want to discuss or convey at that particular session. In other words, your patter would fit your message or concern and then you would determine which tricks are suitable for doing that.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 pm

I suggest Burglar Ball. It has has some simple moves that are very easy and rewarding to master. A no gimmick Tenyo.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 am

Burglar ball SLAYS when you get a confident performance and it’s utterly examinable
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri May 04, 2018 1:51 am

I think Burglar Ball is a great suggestion too :)

Another one that is not that difficult to perform is (Disney Frozen) Pendant. This demo may be able to help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5KhCTGfihQ - just don't forget to show the inside of the envelope empty, I don't know why the performer in the demo didn't do that.

[EDIT]I suddenly realize you wrote a review of it and don't like it that much - ah well ;) (https://www.theory11.com/forums/threads ... ant.42973/)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun May 06, 2018 12:01 am

David DeTenyo wrote:I think Burglar Ball is a great suggestion too :)

Another one that is not that difficult to perform is (Disney Frozen) Pendant. This demo may be able to help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5KhCTGfihQ - just don't forget to show the inside of the envelope empty, I don't know why the performer in the demo didn't do that.

[EDIT]I suddenly realize you wrote a review of it and don't like it that much - ah well ;) (https://www.theory11.com/forums/threads ... ant.42973/)
It's all good. It's been a while since I tried using the Frozen Pendant, so I'll give it another shot.
Where's my colon?!