Mystic Prediction - Magic Wagon

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Rob Rand
Charter Member

Mystic Prediction - Magic Wagon

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:38 am

A32C1EED-C8A9-4586-B7A7-D9B8AB9FE781.jpeg
Mystic Prediction by Magic Wagon will be available on Sunday 28 April 2019.

A beautiful wooden whiteboard stand, which the performer states contains a prediction, is displayed. The performer now draws 6 ESP symbols and then asks a spectator to call out any one of them. The choice is completely free and there is absolutely no force of any kind. The spectator is now instructed to remove the drawer from the stand and inside he finds a scroll of paper securely tied with thread. He, himself, removes the prediction and reads what is written. To the spectator’s surprise, the prediction perfectly matches the chosen symbol! Other predictions such as cities of the world can be used in this effect.

The effect is completely self-contained; no palming and no sleight of hand are required!

There is absolutely no force of any kind and the effect can be immediately repeated, if desired!

The method is truly a mechanical marvel; no electronics and no pre-show!

Mystic Prediction has been inspired by our “Enigma Chest” which was released in very limited quantities at FISM convention in 2015. The mechanical “workings” of this latest version, however, are different in both construction and operation. Many hours of workmanship go into making one of these due to the mechanism involved.

This beautiful effect measures approximately 14cms wide by 21cms tall and 4.5cms deep and is completely hand-crafted of genuine teak with a lightly distressed oil finish. The prediction paper measures approximately 2.5cms wide by 21cms long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve S.

Re: Mystic Prediction - Magic Wagon

Post by Steve S. » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Is it just me or is the method incredibly obvious?
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Steve S. wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:41 pm
Is it just me or is the method incredibly obvious?
I feel the same, someone already asked if the back could be viewed and there was no answer.
Simon from Aus (but English)

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 pm

Looks like a stinker to me. Now if the symbol wasn't called out and secretly drawn by the spec it would be slightly amazing. :)
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 pm

I find this Magic Wagon pretty dull looking, with a drawer underneath …. Everyone, regardless of the clever mechanism, will understand that the chosen prediction will drop into the drawer. I also find it pretty irritating that there are no other pictures to be seen, from the side and from the back.

Also, the price is again overprized. 240 GBP? Cmon guys! Is that 300 $?

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm

I agree with everything Rob just posted!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Currently, 240 pounds converts to around $310.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:46 am

Simon Layland wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:29 pm
I feel the same, someone already asked if the back could be viewed and there was no answer.
Allegedly all pages can be shown after the demonstration but this trick does not seem to stand up
to a closer investigation - I also find that the first thoughts are directed, that something has fallen into the drawer, however this was done (I'm curious) it doesn't seem very convincing and magical !

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:12 am

Mystic Prediction - better product pictures online now !

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=189

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:04 am

Ok Olaf, I presume you are tempted to order a copy, because of the beautiful woodworking?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 am

Reminds me on T.A Waters` Box Office :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:24 am

I like the looks of the prop, though a whiteboard combined with an antique looking wooden frame seems odd ... a chalkboard perhaps could have been a better choice.
Also, when you open a drawer AFTER someone made a choice, it is pretty obvious something 'fell' into the drawer imho ... . I also suspect the performer will have to do 'something behind the board', but you can probably cover that 'move' by replacing the board on the table for example ... still, looks fishy. I prefer having a prediction beforehand in plain view for these kind of tricks :)

A couple of years ago I would probably have bought this, but due to my limited budget I prefer to see how things are going, as in watching demo videos by those who bought it :D Magic Wagon tricks are darn expensive and I can't afford ending up with an item and not liking it, having to sell it afterwards for less (which unfortunately thesedays is often the case, even with Magic Wagon ...).

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:44 pm

VictorS wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 am
That looks really well done, but the price seems to be an oversight ?

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/m ... -a-waters/

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:27 am

Olaf S wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:44 pm
VictorS wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 am
That looks really well done, but the price seems to be an oversight ?

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/m ... -a-waters/
I made my own version too based on T.A. Waters Box Office and added some routine before going to the climax. I called it The Mindreading Chest and I keep it as the last effect. I explain spec while opening the routine by demonstrating difference between Magic (Trick), Human Mindreading and Object Mindreading. I use the flip book for the 1st trick explaining magic trick and continuing human mindreading by performing Deddy Corbuzier`s Free Will and close the routine with the Mindreading Chest. There are steps to follow as if the box can guide the spec and read their minds and reveal the prediction at the end. Took me a while to construct everything one by one, pieces by pieces, but I`m happy with the end result. :)

Follow my IG :
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg-FMKIARpY/

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:39 am

VictorS wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:27 am
Follow my IG : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg-FMKIARpY/

Victor, thank you very much for your link, wonderful page, have sent you a pm

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:06 am

I'm not a big fan of this new MW item, as it is just too obvious what happens. Given that we already know that it can't be shown from all sides prior to the trick, it seems obvious that the performer somehow needs to fiddle with something on the rear to get to the right prediction. With proper misdirection I guess that can be managed, but still not optimal, in my opinion.

@Victor, your version of the Box office trick is beautiful, congrats on a very nice piece! I haven't seen this trick performed, but I guess the paperclip on the prediction gives a clue to the method, right?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:55 am

ØyvindK wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:06 am
@Victor, your version of the Box office trick is beautiful, congrats on a very nice piece! I haven't seen this trick performed, but I guess the paperclip on the prediction gives a clue to the method, right?
ØyvindK, we just open the box and follow the instruction step by step and the result will match the prediction. You are absolutely correct with your clue :) The good thing in my version that spec can see the folded prediction while I`m doing 1st and 2nd routine and I secretly "reload" it back into the position before doing the last routine. :D I think that`s more convincing ;)

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:15 am

@Victor: Being able to show the folded prediction in the beginning is clearly an improvement, very nice!

I did a quick search on this trick, and found out that MW also has at least four different variations on this theme/method (not counting this newest one), and some allows for showing the prediction beforehand. I think those are "automatic", though, no manual reloading necessary.

I might make my own version, and if I do, I will try to make it as automatic as possible. There is also a version of this called the "Pagoda Mystery" (made by Brian Cook), which appears to be very good, at least judging from the description:

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/c ... rian-cook/

Rather expensive, though.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am

Nice..thanks for the information. I probably make this once in my lifetime. So let it be :)

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Fri May 03, 2019 8:50 pm

It looks like this item was a big let down- already many for sale. Anyone here happy with it?