The Stones of Khufu - Magic Wagon

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Rob Rand
Charter Member

The Stones of Khufu - Magic Wagon

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 pm

A8A9A018-74AE-4CA2-A5A3-970CD4D2EAF1.jpeg
The performer shows a small platform and three separate and ornate solid blocks. He then moves the top block to the right, and the bottom block in the other direction. Amazingly, the top two blocks remain precariously balanced on the bottom block! The performer then moves the bottom block almost completely out from under the middle block, closer to the back edge of the platform and the top block in the other direction, creating an even more impossible illusion! The performer then slowly slides the bottom block completely out from underneath the other two, yet the top two blocks defy gravity, remaining suspended in mid-air! The top block is then centered back on top of the middle block and they both continue to float above the platform. Now, after a dramatic pause, the performer takes a solid metal hoop and passes it completely over the floating blocks showing no visible means of support! It is a beautiful miniature illusion that gets gradually more mystifying with each step. The Stones of Khufu is based on Andre Cole's Fusion Illusion (Atomic Stock Pile) and Joe Long's close-up version called The Micro Atomic Blocks.

The photos really do not do justice to this very elaborate piece of magic apparatus! This is, without question, one of the finest and most exquisitely detailed "Atomic Stock Pile" effects ever produced. It is absolutely stunning in appearance!

Each block measures approximately 6cms wide, 1.8cms high and 3cms deep. The platform measures approximately 12.5cms wide, 4.5cms high and 7cms deep. The hoop measures approximately 8cms in diameter. The entire outfit is extremely detailed and each set has been painstakingly and individually hand-crafted by our own exclusive artist.

Our special thanks to Mr. Simon Corneille for suggesting the ideas & consultations and for writing the instructions & routine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olaf S

Re: The Stones of Khufu - Magic Wagon

Post by Olaf S » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:54 am

The Stones of Khufu - A Levitation Illusion - Beautiful Design
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:13 am

Did anyone on here buy one? I haven't seen any reviews posted yet.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:36 am

I purchased one….but take some time to arrive to Chile....one thing that I see in the video that is different from the classic versión is the bottom block shape…..not sure if this is good or not:

Pros: allow for more intricated and imposible arrangements of the blocks.
Contras: you cannot openly show the bottom block.

After Simon clarification I have to say that I was wrong thinking that the lower block is different.….Simon explained that you can show lower block at the beginning like I do in my video.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:24 pm

I've given this illusion a little more time to enjoy it ✨

lnlver

Post by lnlver » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Excellent performance, Olaf! I liked Simon's too.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 am

After 3 weeks, still 25 copies unsold... That's 1/3 of the production.... How's that possible?

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:26 am

Rob Rand wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 am
After 3 weeks, still 25 copies unsold... That's 1/3 of the production.... How's that possible?

I think Magic Wagon might not do a release this coming Sunday "just a hunch" with no new posts on the MC for 10 days now :?
Simon from Aus (but English)

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:19 pm

Rob Rand wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 am
I think many have stopped buying MW. Seems just the hard core collectors buy the best and leave the rest. If you and me would have bought one there would only be 23 left. I like it but would only be a shelf display and toy for me to play with I would likely never show it. I am surprised you didn't buy one. :?
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Are we sure that 75 were produced? I was thinking 50, not 75.

In any case, I am quite surprised that these are lingering on. Perhaps summer vacation cost and other concerns are causing the lack of interest.

I agree that those disappointed with past MW purchases as well as the angle concern (which is not really a problem) may be issues.

What many do not realize is that it is one of the most delightfully unique magic releases in a long time; from MW or anywhere else.

I have always assumed that most of the MW customers buy the releases for the reason Richard mentions here. I can’t imagine anyone taking this on the road. MW makes collectibles, not props for incorporating into an act with some exceptions of course.

And I am also shocked :shock: that Rob didn’t jump on this one! It’s right up his alley!!
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Steve S. wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:11 pm
Are we sure that 75 were produced? I was thinking 50, not 75

What many do not realize is that it is one of the most delightfully
unique magic releases in a long time - from MW or anywhere else

MW makes collectibles, not props for incorporating into an act with some exceptions of course

I'm sure it was 75 in the beginning. When I early looked it up 75 Stones of Khufu were available
I agree that this is an extraordinary and very well done trick in the history of Magic Wagon 👍

In small circle or for single persons demonstrated most Magic Wagon tricks are well suitable
However, I am also very surprised that there is such a low demand for this beautiful trick !?

Ralf R

Post by Ralf R » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:22 am

It's still available...so it's been enough time for me to watch those interesting videos and consider a purchase. I didn't know this effect before and was quite baffled when suddenly anti-gravity came into play ;) . It is my first Magic Wagon prop, very beautifully made and I think it will be fun to demonstrate the incredible properties of these mysterious stones from ancient Egypt to your spectators.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 am

Ralf R wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:22 am
It's still available...so it's been enough time for me to watch those interesting videos

Still 12 of this amazing trick in stock ... I'm curious how Majestic Meteor Ball sells ...